mixed berry and almond muffins
Are you lacking inspiration for some healthy snack ideas? We have the answer for you - try our mixed berry and almond muffins! They are super easy to make and are packed full of much needed antioxidants and protein.
- 3 cups of almond meal
- 2 tbs baking powder
- *1/3 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1 cup of frozen blueberries
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup water
- 2 tsp cinnamon
Turn your oven to 180 degrees and grease a muffin try
Combine almond meal, baking powder and cinnamon. In a separate bowl combine water, chia seeds and 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup, then mix into dry ingredients, then fold in the berries. Spoon evenly into your muffin tray and drizzle remaining honey or maple syrup on top. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- warm up the muffins and serve with more berries and natural yoghurt
- have cold on the run
- Cut them up into quarters and use for hand outs for the kids!
*Depending on your taste buds you may choose to add a little more maple syrup or honey.