2. Collecting information about you The amount of information we collect about you depends on your use of our website. The only personal information we collect is what you tell us about yourself, for instance through email, phone, newsletter and event registrations, and merchandise purchases. We use your personal information for research or to improve our site and the services we offer you. We analyse the data for certain trends and statistics, such as which parts of our site users are visiting and how long they spend there. This information is compiled and analysed on an aggregated basis. We may share this aggregated information with our content providers to assist them in understanding our services but we do not give our content providers aggregated information that would allow them to identify you personally. We also use your personal information to notify you of updates to the web site via email or our newsletter (if you have subscribed to one of our services). Please contact us if you no longer wish to receive emails or newsletters from us.
3. Our use of ‘cookies’ Some of the pages found on the Active Farmers website use ‘cookies’ to help us remember who you are. Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive for record-‐‑keeping purposes. Cookies help us provide you with services and features that are tailored to your needs when you visit the Active Farmers website again. Cookies in themselves do not personally identify users, although they do identify a user’s browsers. The cookies simply operate as a unique identifier. This lets us know what you find interesting and useful, which allows us to keep improving our web site and provide you with a personalised service. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies. If you do not wish to receive any cookies you may set your browser to refuse them, although this means you may not be able to use certain features on our site and you may be required to re-‐‑enter your password more frequently during a session.
4. Our use and disclosure of your personal information Active Farmers will not use or disclose any information about you without your consent unless legally required to do so or if we consider it necessary to:
- implement our terms of service;
- provide you with the service you have requested;
- protect the rights or property of Active Farmers, any user of Active Farmers or any member of the public; or
- lessen or prevent a serious threat to a person’s life, health or safety.
Active Farmers will seek to take all reasonable steps to keep any information we hold about you secure, accurate and up to date, and stored on secure servers. Active Farmers will take all reasonable steps to ensure that our employees and contractors respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by Active Farmers. You should notify us immediately if there is any unauthorised use of your account or any other breach of security. However, Active Farmers does not accept responsibility for any consequences of the unauthorised access to your information.
5. How to access, correct or update your information If at any time you want to know exactly what personal information any part of our website is holding about you, you may request your details of that information by emailing us. We will endeavour to provide you with the Information within seven days. If you want to correct or update your information, please contact us by emailing us .
6. What else you should know about privacy You should always close your browser upon leaving the website, especially if you share a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place to ensure that others cannot access your personal information and correspondence. You are responsible for the security of and access to your own computer. To the extent that you disclose information on the Internet to parties other than Active Farmers, different rules may apply to the use and disclosure of your personal information. Since we do not control the privacy policies of third parties, you are subject to their privacy customs and policies. We encourage you to ask questions before you disclose your personal information to others. Ultimately you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your username and passwords and any account information.
8. More on privacy You can obtain further information about privacy in Australia and the protection of your personal information from the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner via:. email: firstname.lastname@example.org tel: 1300 363 992 fax: +61 2 9284 9666