Apple, blueberry and almond muffins
Are you continually on the hop, or are you lacking inspiration for healthy snacks or lunch box ideas? We have good news for you! Try these delicious, healthy and easy to make muffins that can be the solution to all of the above!!!
- 3 cups of almond meal
- 2 tbs baking powder
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- *1/3 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1 cup of frozen blueberries
- 1 pink lady apple (finely chopped)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 eggs
Turn your oven to 180 degrees and grease a muffin try
Combine almond meal, baking powder and cinnamon. In a separate bowl whisk the eggs, then fold into the dry ingredients to form a batter. Then mix in the coconut oil (melted), honey or maple syrup and the fruit. Spoon evenly into your muffin try and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- warm up the muffins and serve with more berries and natural yoghurt
- have cold on the run
- Cut them up into quarters and use for hand outs for the kids!
*Depending on your taste buds you may choose to add a little more maple syrup or honey.