Anna's vietnamese rice paper roll recipe suggestion
Throwing back to this summer beach picnic as the cooler weather sets in!!! Especially after the Easter long weekend where treats may not have been consumed in moderation...
Thanks to Grab Your Spork for the recipe :)
- 500 g chicken breast or tenders, cut into small pieces
- 1 lime, zested
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 Tsbp olive oil
- 1 lebanese cucumber, core removed and cut into matchsticks
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 1 large avocado, cut into slices
- Spring onions, cleaned and cut into matchsticks
- ¼ cup mint, chopped
- Vermicelli noodles
- Rice paper wrappers
- Firstly, marinate the chicken. Mix the zest, garlic and oil together in a bowl with chicken. Set aside for marinate for at least one hour or longer.
- Heat a pan over medium heat and grill the chicken until cooked through. Set the chicken aside to cool
- Once the chicken is cool, toss the chopped mint through the chicken.
- Cook the dried vermicelli noodles to packet instructions. Drain and cool.
- When you’re ready to assemble the rolls, fill a shallow dish with warm water.
- Dip one rice paper wrapper into the water for thirty seconds and place on a clean flat surface.
- Place a couple of chicken pieces along a third of the wrapper. Top with noodles, and a couple of slices of cucumber, carrot, spring onion and avocado. Roll into a tight spring roll shape, according to the instruction on the packet.
- Repeat with the remaining rice paper wrappers and filling.
- Serve the spring rolls whole, or sliced in half with a nice dipping sauce.
Enjoy these delicious rice paper rolls to help refresh after Easter.